Dedicated to historic formula one in North America
ABOUT THE RACE SERIES
Masters USA will continue to raise the profile of Historic Formula across North American vintage events with six events including three Formula 1 Support races.
Catering for 3-liter engined Formula 1 cars from 1966 through to 1985, Masters USA takes us back to an era in which Cosworth DFV power and a creative car designer could win races, long before wind tunnels and energy drinks were created!
Masters USA brings together famous constructor names such as Ferrari, Williams, McLaren and Lotus as well as the likes of Shadow, Tyrrell and Amon who all played a part in the history of Formula One. With two races per weekend with an aggregate result with classes based on age of car, the season is sure to be full of action and variety..
Masters USA is an emotive category in which cars must run in their period livery, delivering a superb spectacle of sight and sound, then as now.
Car and Driver Eligibility
- All cars must be presented in period specification
- All DFV engines are restricted to 10,000rpm
2017 Championship Series Calendar
- May 19 - 21 : The Spring Classic - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, USA
- Jun 9 - 11 : Support Race to Canadian GP - Montreal, Canada
- Jun 16 - 18 : Canadian Historic Grand Prix - Mosport, Canada
- Jul 21 - 23 : The Hawk - Road America, USA
- Oct 20 - 22 : Support Race to US GP - Austin, Texas, USA
- Oct 27 - 29 : Formula 1 Gran Premio de Mexico - Mexico City, Mexico